Insulating screed floor construction 6
+12.5 cm - first floor, ground floor, cellar, etc. - with wooden grid, insulating screed as substrate - parquet, laminate, cork, carpet and vinyl
Why the Staenis grid
This light floor structure forms an ideal insulated surface for your parquet, laminate, cork, carpet, etc. After a few days of curing, you can cover the insulating screed with a wooden OSB or Durelis sheet and screw it on to the Staenis grid, which in this instance serves as a wooden grid.
- Achieving a perfect end result without any experience
- Can be clad after 3 days with wooden Durelis or OSB panels
- Can be covered directly with many types of floor finish
- Lightweight (10 x lighter than a sand cement screed) and sound-absorbing floor
- Possibility to insulate your low floor construction over the full thickness.
- Spread screed work over several days (no stress during installation)
Floor construction manual
- Place the Staenis grid and adjust it to the correct height with a screwdriver. Use sawn wooden blocks under the Staenis legs to adjust higher (Staenis extension legs cannot be used for this).
- Mix the ready-to-use insulating screed from bags with water (+ the bag of additives) and pour it into the grid. Flatten these with a screed iron on top of the Staenis grid.
- Plaats hierop minimaal een OSB van 18 mm dikte. Schroef de houten plaat vast in de latten van het Staenisrooster.
Side view floor construction
- Wooden grid
- Wooden plate
- Pipes (heating, electricity, drainage, etc.)
- Wooden blocks 9 x 9 cm
- Stainless steel grid (thickness from 4.5 to 9 cm)
- Insulation screed
- OSB board or Durelis tongue-and-groove board
- Subfloor / felt
- Floating floor covering, etc.
Placement of the Staenis grid
Placement of insulation screed
Calculate the quantities and visit our webshop
You can find all products/articles related to floor structures on this webshop.
- Such as screed, stabilised sand and drainage mortar supplied in a silo
- (tileable) insulation screed supplied in bags
- Recycled cellular concrete granules supplied in bags.
- As well as the installation material to place these flat, such as the Staenis grid, sanding board and screeding iron.