Load-bearing dry fillers floor construction 2
+12.5 cm - first floor, ground floor, cellar, etc. - with concrete slab as substrate - multilayered parquet, laminate, cork, carpet and vinyl
Why the Staenis grid
This light floor construction with load-bearing fillers, such as levelling granules/cellular concrete, is ideal for levelling a room dry. By using the Staenis grid, expensive gypsum fibre floor sheets are saved, resulting in a much easier installation. It is also possible to work with cellular concrete instead of the expensive levelling granules. The floor structure is removable and can be reused without waste.
- Achieving a perfect end result without any experience
- Can be covered directly with double staggered wooden Durelis or OSB panels
- Can be covered immediately afterwards with many types of floor finish
- Lightweight, fire-resistant and sound-absorbing floor construction
- Very fast, light and dry installation
- Possibility to insulate your low floor construction over the full thickness.
- Spread floor works over several days (no stress during installation)
- Circular floor construction through dry ecological & sustainable fillers
Floor construction manual
- Place the Staenis grid and adjust it to the correct height with a screwdriver. Use sawn wooden blocks under the Staenis legs to adjust higher.
- Stick all feet to the surface with PU foam, so that the height adjustment remains correct after adjustment.
- Pour the load-bearing levelling granules or aerated concrete into the grating and level it with a screed iron on the top of the Staenis grating.
- Place on this at least an OSB of 22 mm thickness. Screw the wooden plate into the battens of the Staenis grid. If necessary, apply double plating for extra strength.
- With a single plating on the load-bearing fillers, the 22mm OSB will still spring slightly. With a double plating (12mm + 18mm) the deflection is completely gone. (1 ton/m² compressive strength)
- Tip: Depending on the type of floor finish, you choose the thickness of the OSB. A thin floor finish needs a thicker OSB, a thick floor finish can be combined with the minimum OSB thickness for this floor construction.
Side view floor construction
- concrete slab
- Pipes (heating, electricity, drainage, etc.)
- Wooden blocks 9 x 9 cm
- Stainless steel grid (thickness from 4.5 to 9 cm)
- Aerated concrete
- Double staggered OSB board
- Subfloor / felt
- Floating floor covering, etc.