Where can I get screed?
You have 4 options for this:
You can buy bags of sand and cement yourself and mix them with water in a concrete mixer.
- advantage: You can choose how much screed you create and is also the cheapest solution.
- Disadvantage: This is an intensive work, therefore it is recommended to only use this for smaller areas.
You buy ready-made bags of screed from a building trade or do-it-yourself store and mix them with water in a concrete mixer.
- advantage: You can choose how much screed you make and you immediately have the right mixing ratio.
- Disadvantage: This is an expensive solution for large quantities, so it is recommended to only use it for smaller areas.
You can have screed delivered or pick up screed yourself at a concrete plant.
- advantage: you can pick up larger quantities and you immediately have the right mixing ratio
- Disadvantage: you will most likely have a surplus and once the screed has been delivered, it must be processed immediately, which can create time pressure.
You have a screed silo delivered to your yard.
- advantage: It is much more pleasant and 'lighter' to work than the previous options. With a screed silo you can determine yourself when you carry out the work and you have no surplus or time pressure because fresh screed is always made per wheelbarrow.
- Disadvantage: For the delivery of a screed silo, your driveway must be large enough to place one. The truck that delivers the silo is 12 metres long, weighs 40 tons and places the silo (3 x 3 metres in area) just behind his truck on the ground.